Our investment philosophy is based on four principles:
- Begin with a process of mutual inquiry so that:
- Clients understand the investment process including potential risks and market fluctuations
- We understand and adhere to each client's goals and investment guidelines
- Seek return and manage risk to conform with each client's goals and investment guidelines
- Diversify globally
- Provide consistent investment discipline
We strive to ensure that all of our clients are fully aware of potential investment risks and the possible impact of market fluctuations on portfolio performance before investing with us. Through multiple discussions, we work with each client to formulate clear investment guidelines that balance your ability and desire to tolerate market fluctuations with your return expectations, financial goals and time horizon. We create a globally diversified portfolio designed to reflect your values, preferences and tax situation, among other factors. We then monitor the portfolio each month, rebalancing when appropriate.
Our commitment to your familiarity with the investment process, our drive to understand your goals and our disciplined approach help us to stay focused on your investment plans. Particularly during periods of pronounced market volatility, entrusting your investments to an experienced advisor who is obligated to serve your best interests can provide objective, disciplined management of your portfolio.